Tips on the Post Writing Essay Process
The essay process for most advanced essays tends to keep most of the time for the post-writing processes. Accomplished writers tend to finish their essay draft as soon as possible and avoid optimizing the essay while they write it. The essay first undergoes the essay writing service, followed by the essay editing and proofreading process. Each of these steps allows you to make the appropriate changes to your essay from high order changes such as structure and uniformity to low order changes such as punctuation and voice.
While you might take help from an essay writing service in order to review their essays, it’s always helpful to go through the reviewing, editing, and proofreading processes on your own.
The various parts of the post writing process are:
- Reviewing: The reviewing process concerns itself with correcting the essay on the macro level. This involves checking if the objective of the essay is clear and also optimizing the structure and the information flow in the writing. In the review process, you also make sure that the essay answers the prompt completely and has a good central thesis. You will also check if the content of the essay is arranged and developed optimally, ideally with the strongest points coming first.
- Editing: Through the editing, you correct the essay on the sentence level. This allows you to check for various things such as clarity and cohesion, sentence variety, presence of an unbiased and objective tone, the essay vocabulary, etc. Through the editing process, you will also make sure that the writing is in line with the academic format.
- Proofreading: The proofreading will come at the last and will correct the writing for mistakes in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
The various techniques
The best outcome for the process is when you leave aside a lot of time, such that you can spend enough time away from the essay to induce unfamiliarity. Some of the techniques that you might find helpful are:
- Reverse outlining: In this process, you go through the text and note down the various parts and label them through essay writing online. By identifying each structural part in the writing, you make sure that you have covered all the parts required to convey your information from the premise to the conclusion.
- Reading out loud: By reading the essay out loud yourself or by having someone else read it, you will be able to catch the irregularity in your sentences as well as in the overall essay.
- Using editing software: There are various advanced editors available, that can help you optimize your sentence-level structure, style, voice, as well as the diction, punctuation, and grammar of your writing. Softwares such as Grammarly and The Hemingway Editor are examples of such tools and software.
- Color-coding and highlighting: The techniques require you to color-code different parts that you want to set apart. You can use it to check for the sentence variety in the essay. The highlighted or marked complex, compound, and simple sentences will show you if there is a variety in the sentences or not, and where you require to induce some variety.
- Peer review: Having a peer review of your essay is one of the best ways to make sure that you have communicated to a FreeEssayWriter for your ideas and points optimally. This works best if the peer is familiar with the subject matter and, therefore, can judge the arguments and analysis.
- Changing the medium: To induce unfamiliarity, you can at times do without spending time away from the essay. You can do this by changing the medium that you are used to reading the essay on. Most people print out their essays, after changing the type and size of the font. Doing this helps them to see the essay new, allowing them to weed out the mistakes.
Steps To Express Your Narrative Essay
Major Problems During Writing An Argumentative Essay
Highlighting The Importance Of Hook Statements