You must be logged into your SVU account to access the application.
SVU is looking for new committee members to serve a term lasting from Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2022. To be an SVU Committee member, you must be an active SVU member in good standing
. Serving on an SVU Committee is an unpaid, volunteer position that may require you to be available for phone or Zoom meetings after hours/on weekends. Descriptions of each available committee are below; if you have further questions, please email us
or fill out our contact form
. Please note that additional committees may have spots opening up in the coming weeks and will be added to the below list if necessary.
The committees currently looking for new members are:
The Abstracts Committee reviews, scores and selects abstracts submitted by authors, for presentation at the SVU Annual Conference.
- Must have presented at the SVU Annual Conference and/or have previously published and/or be experienced in evaluating and scoring abstracts in the vascular specialty.
- Available for a two to three week period during February and March to review and score submitted abstracts in the allocated scoring time period.
- Joshua Lee, BS RVT, Chair
The Awards Committee administers the SVU Awards program and establishes policy and procedures for awards, with Board approval.
- Must attend the SVU Annual Conference, or the SVU Virtual Conference if no in-person conference is held.
- Solicit, review and recommend nominees for Service Awards to the Board.
- Review and score manuscripts and presentations for Scientific Awards at Annual Conference to determine award winner.
- Amanda Frederick, BS RDCS RVT, Chair
- Jessica Kralec, RDMS RVT RPhS, Co-Chair
The E-Learning Committee creates six webinars annually on cutting-edge topics featuring a variety of knowledgeable speakers for the SVU Webinar Series, and explores other digital learning opportunities for SVU members.
- Help recruit and select webinar presenters.
- Paula Walsh, MM RDCS RDMS RVT, Chair
The Membership Outreach Committee establishes criteria and procedures for admission, retention and severance of members as specified in the SVU Bylaws.
- Responsible for informing SVU members about their member benefits, new programs, service and educational opportunities, and promote active engagement.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding current and future benefits and activities.
- Jessica Kralec RDMS RVT RPhS, Chair
- George Berdejo, BA RVT FSVU, Co-Chair